Thursday, October 18, 2007

The script

Below is the finished script, for which the dialogue has already been recorded in Ben's class. I had to cut it down a fair bit from the machinima version, which was SIX MINUTES long!!! I think it's better this way, more punchy. Considering time constraints, I have also sacked the Kim character, seeing as he/she only had one line of dialogue anyway. If I have time, I might put him back in, because having four characters is more realistic for the Big Brother scenario.

Exterior of house, establishing shot

VOICEOVER: Well, its been an interesting week in the big brother house, with tensions between Francis and Casper really dominating the house. Earlier in the week, a house meeting spiralled out of control after a discusssion about Francis’ cleaning of the bathroom.

Cut to FOUR housemates sitting at the table (or on the couch?)

FRANCIS: It’s fine, it looks clean to me, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

CASPER: It’s disgusting, there’s fingerprints all over the mirror, and all this hair clogged in the sink. And I don’t have to say who the only person with a beard is, do I?

ASHLEY: Guys, guys, calm down, come on. Francis, I think that Casper would appreciate it if you could clean just a little bit more frequently, do you think you could do that for us?

C: He’s just bloody lazy.

F: What did you say?

C: I said you’re lazy, you don’t pull your weight around the house

F: Well at least I don’t steal food, like some people I could mention.

C: That’s it, you LIAR! I’m sick of you. I summon the powers to curse you! Your first born child will be eaten by a giant snake and all your riches will turn to sand and melt into the sands of the desert.

F: (sob) You bastard (runs out)

(stunned silence)

A: God, Casper, was that really necessary? Way to spoil a house meeting. (walks out)

VOICEOVER: Later on in the week, a simple comment by Casper puts Francis over the edge, no doubt fuelled by the ‘curse’ incident.

Kitchen. FRANCIS is stirring a pot on the stove. CASPER walks up and stands next to him, peering into the pot.

CASPER: Hey man, what ya makin’?

FRANCIS: Risotto

C: Oh dude, I’ve gotta do the washin’ up later, don’t get all that stuff burnt on the bottom. Its always bloody impossible to get off.

F: What? What? You! Always going on about something, I’ve had enough of your shit. Maybe this will shut you up. I smite you!

Francis raises his arm and sends a fireball to Casper’s head, which bursts into flames.

CASPER: Aaaghhhh, Ooooghhh, Aaaaggghhh!

Cuts to a wider shot, CASPER is running around trying to put the fire out with his hands. FRANCIS stands watching with arms folded, laughing to himself. ASHLEY and KIM come rushing in

ASHLEY: What’s going on?

KIM: God Casper, haven’t you heard of stop drop and roll?

VOICEOVER: Lets cross now live to the diary room, where Casper is about to participate in this week’s nominations.

CASPER is sitting in the diary room facing the camera.

BIG BROTHER (voiceover):Casper, Who do you nominate for one point and why?

CASPER: Well firstly I want to nominate Ashley for flying under the radar, I don’t think he joins in conversations, and I don’t feel I’ve gotten to know him very well during my time in the house.

BB: Very good, who do you nominate for two points and why?

C: I want to nominate Francis because he smote me.

BB: And how does that affect you, as a housemate?

C: Um, I got burnt, he was trying to kill me?

BB: But he didn’t kill you?

C: No, obviously I’m al…

BB: What? So he didn’t even kill you? Your last chance, how do his actions effect YOU, not the other housemates, but YOU as a HOUSEMATE.

C: Well, I guess they don’t.

BB: This is your final warning, who do you nominate for 2 points for eviction and why!!!

C: Well, I suppose I’ll nominate Kim, for strategic reasons.

PAUSE

BB: You may return to the house.

Cut to graphic screen showing Francis’ head and name and ‘EVICT’ and ‘2SAVE’ numbers.

VOICEOVER: To evict Francis and send him directly to the underworld, call 19026EVICT. To keep Francis in the house call 190262SAVE and follow the prompts.

No comments: